The Good Paint
Medal Paints is known as The Good Paint. Good, because our paints won’t harm you or your family’s health. Good because we’re involved and do good in our communities. Good because we care about our impact on the planet. Good because we simplify your life with a wide range of products and accessories.
Good, because we offer good quality at good prices. And good, because we’re a proudly South African paint manufacturer – the largest in South Africa. But more than that, good because “good” is more than just an end product for us. For over 40 years, it’s been central to everything we do.
A good paint is an exceptional quality paint that is affordable to people from all walks of life, all while doing good in our community and being safe for the environment.
That’s what inspires our values.
We aim to provide top quality products within the paint industry, together with maintaining exceptional levels of professional customer service and demonstrating integrity in every task we do. We are The Good Paint. Good is good throughout, through the whole journey.
We are constantly innovating, both to expand our product range as well as to improve our business processes, to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
We pride ourselves on product and service excellence that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
We strive to bring out the best in each other and to create strong working relationships with whomever we interact. Our vision is to be known as The Good Paint, which reflects integrity and produces high-quality paint coatings at an affordable price.
Not only are we passionate about our products and colours, but also our people. Medal Paints is proud to be a 100% black owned company with a level 2 generic scorecard contributor.
We are transparent in our dealings with all customers, suppliers, staff and other stakeholders.
- We have a full research and developments sites.
- Stringent quality control standards are followed.
- Medal boasts with a specialised computerised colour matching of formulations for standard & special colours.
- We offer tinting system management for retail support.
- Our raw materials are evaluated and approved.
- The laboratory retains samples for quality assurance and traceability.
- Online retail technical support available.
- Medal has stringent quality assurance systems to ensure that consistent quality finished goods are always supplied.
- Automated/Semi-automated filling machines take up some of the 60,000 m² under roof floor area of our premises.
- Our processes are controlled via loadcell technology.
- Coded formulation controls to ensure confidentiality.
- Stringent quality control tests before filling.
- Batch numbers and bar codes on all packed products.
Environmental & Safety
- Our products are low VOC and Lead-Free.
- All by products are disposed of by a Waste Management Service (Enviroserve).
- Our solvent bottles have a child resistant cap to prevent accidental intake and contact.
- Triple lock container lids.
- Our own fleet consists of over 60 trucks ranging from 8 tons to 30 tons.
- We distribute throughout South Africa and the African continent.
- Medal has a specially developed stock rotation and control management system using batch numbering.
- Guaranteed 99% first-pick service system.
- Medal Paints has a total staff complement of 42 internal and external sales staff, countrywide.
- We offer merchandising support in all regions.
- Regular call cycles that suit the retailers.
- Extensive retail consumer-friendly staff training.
- Regular contractor and developer meetings held at a regional level.
- Stock protection to assist in managing poor performing stock.
- Customer service help-line 0860063325.
Medal Paints has an outstanding track record in the manufacturing of personalised house brands. Through the understanding of our clients and their market needs, we tailor-make our products to suit them. This has resulted in Medal Paints being established as the single largest house brand manufacturer in Southern Africa.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
Good is helping yourself and helping others. Good is getting what you pay for, and more. Paying for fair value. Good is high standards, morally and literally. Good is good throughout, through the entire journey. Good is good for the world, good for your community, good for you and all at a good price.
We are dedicated to quality and supplying our customers with the best products that are of a world-class standard. The proof, as you’ll see, is on the wall.
Procedures and measures are not only important to Medal Paints but a vital factor in our daily operations. Having the privilege of being certified displays how well the Medal is organized and how well we optimise our resources, to ensure the best quality at the best price.